- The American Prospect: a monthly American political magazine dedicated to liberalism
- Bidoun Magazine: a quarterly print magazine published in New York and subtitled "art and culture from the Middle East"
- CREDO Action: A Publication of Working Assets. Working Assets was created in 1985 on a strong foundation of beliefs, a credo. Supporting peace, equality, human rights and the environment. That is why each time one of our customers uses our mobile, credit card or long distance services, we donate a portion of their charges to these causes.Working Assets is proud to announce that our mobile and long distance services are now called CREDO.
- Democracy Journal: a quarterly journal of progressive and liberal politics, as well as culture, founded by Kenneth Baer and Andrei Cherny in 2006
- Dissent Magazine: a quarterly magazine focusing on politics and culture edited by Michael Walzer and Michael Kazin. The magazine is published for the Foundation for the Study of Independent Social Ideas, Inc by the University of Pennsylvania Press.
- The Guardian. U.K.
- Guernica Magazine: A Magazine of Art and Politics is a biweekly online site that publishes art, poetry, fiction, and photography from around the world, along with nonfiction--such as letters from abroad, investigative pieces, and opinion pieces on international affairs and U.S. domestic policy. It also publishes interviews and profiles of artists, writers, musicians, and political figures.
- Harper's Magazine: a monthly, left-leaning, general-interest magazine of literature, politics, culture, finance, and the arts. It is the second-oldest continuously published monthly magazine in the U.S. (Scientific American is the oldest); current circulation is more than 220,000 issues. The current editor is Ellen Rosenbush, who replaced Roger Hodge in January 2010. Harper's Magazine has won many National Magazine Awards.
- Le Monde Diplomatique
- Mother Jones: (abbreviated MoJo) is an independent, nonprofit magazine, rooted in liberal and progressive political values. It is widely known for its investigative reporting. Mother Jones has been nominated for 23 National Magazine Awards and has won six times, including for General Excellence.
- Multinational Monitor: a bimonthly magazine founded by Ralph Nader in 1980. It is published by Essential Information. Although its primary focus is on analysis of corporations, it also publishes articles on labor issues and occupational safety and health, the environment, globalization, privatization, the global economy, and developing nations.
- The Nation: the oldest continuously published weekly magazine in the United States. The periodical, devoted to politics and culture, is self-described as "the flagship of the left." Founded on July 6, 1865, It is published by The Nation Company, L.P., at 33 Irving Place, New York City.
- Network of Spiritual Progressives:Michael Lerner is a political activist the editor of Tikkun , a progressive Jewish and interfaith magazine based in Berkeley. In 2005, Rabbi Michael Lerner founded the Network of Spiritual Progressives with co-chairs Professor Cornel West and Benedictine Sister Joan Chittister. The Network has several thousand members, many of them clergy, in the U.S. and Canada.
- The New Republic: (TNR) is an American magazine of politics and the arts. It is published fortnightly (with specified "skipped publication dates") and has a circulation of approximately 50,000. The editor-in-chief is Martin Peretz and the current editor is Franklin Foer. The magazine generally supports liberal social and social democratic economic policies.
- The New York Review of Books: (or NYREV or NYRB; Not to be confused with The New York Times Book Review; a fortnightly magazine with articles on literature, culture and current affairs. Published in New York City, it takes as its point of departure that the discussion of important books is itself an indispensable literary activity. Esquire called it "the premier literary-intellectual magazine in the English language." In 1970 Tom Wolfe described it as "the chief theoretical organ of Radical Chic".
- The Progressive: an American monthly magazine of politics, culture and progressivism with a pronounced liberal perspective on some issues. Known for its pacifism, it has strongly opposed military interventions, such as the US-led invasion of Iraq in 2003. The magazine also devotes much coverage to civil rights, civil liberties, and environmentalism. It has opposed nuclear weapons from August 1945 to the present.
- Talking Points Memo: (or TPM) is a web-based political journalism organization created and run by Josh Marshall. It debuted on November 12, 2000. It covers a wide range of topics from a "politically left perspective," including U.S. foreign policy, domestic politics (especially at the federal level) and domestic policy. By 2007, TPM received an average 400,000 page views every weekday.
- In These Times. a politically progressive monthly magazine of news and opinion published by the Institute for Public Affairs in Chicago. In These Times was established as a broadsheet format fortnightly newspaper in 1976 by James Weinstein, a life-long socialist, with the aid of prominent intellectuals such as Noam Chomsky, Herbert Marcuse, and Julian Bond. In These Times is known for its investigative reporting of corporate malfeasance and government wrongdoing, its coverage of international affairs, and its cultural criticism. It regularly reports on environmental issues, feminism, grassroots democracy, minority communities and the media. In These Times founding editor and publisher is James Weinstein; its current editor and publisher is Joel Bleifuss. It has a circulation of over 21,000 (2004). As a nonprofit organization, the magazine is financed through subscriptions and donations.
- The Utne Reader: (aka Utne); an American bimonthly magazine. The magazine collects and reprints articles on politics, culture, and the environment from generally alternative media sources, including journals, newsletters, weeklies, zines, music and DVDs. In addition, the magazine's writers and editors contribute books, film, and music reviews and original articles which tend to focus on emerging cultural trends. The magazine's website produces seven blogs covering politics, environment, media, spirituality, science and technology, great writing, and the arts.
- The Washington Monthly: a bimonthly nonprofit magazine of United States politics and government that is based in Washington, D.C.
- WireTap: a progressive/liberal English language online news and culture website that emerged from the youth-oriented project of AlterNet and became an independent, self sustaining publication. Their stated mission is to "mentor and train young journalists, citizen reporters, bloggers and provide a daily platform for young activists, social entrepreneurs, and artists from across the country."
- World Policy Journal: Founded in 1983, World Policy Journal is an academic magazine published jointly by the World Policy Institute and the MIT Press. It deals with international relations, containing primarily policy essays, but also book reviews, interviews, and historical essays. It is not a peer-reviewed journal, and most articles are commissioned. The current editor is David A. Andelman, former executive editor at Forbes.com.
Daily Updated Scholarships, Grants, and Job Announcements Here!
- I have announcements for scholarships which are regularly updated, almost daily--you can find them on the right-hand navigation toolbar under "Scholarships, Fellowships, Grants and Contests".
- Jobs are regularly posted and uploaded on the right-hand navigation toolbar under "JOB BOARD."
Justice (Howard Zinn, Paulo Freire, Amartya Sen, Noam Chomsky)
& Peace (Johan Galtung, United Nations, Torah, Bible, Qur'an, & Teachings of Buddha)
The Philippines in the World
IHRL and IHL
OPEN ACCESS INITIATIVE: This website provides information about and links to many *free,* open-access scholarly books, academic journals, publications, and other reading materials.
Uruguay: "La solidaridad no se agracede, se retribuye."
Samora Machel, FRELIMO leader, First President of Mozambique: "International solidarity is not an act of charity. It is an act between allies fighting on different terrains toward the same objective. The foremost of these objectives is to aid the development of humanity to the highest level possible"
Thanks to peasants, farm workers, fisher folks, bakers, & kitchen staff for our food & drinks; factory & office workers for the things & services we need; women who are daily martyrs whose work at home is not fully appreciated; activists who act as the conscience of society, reminding officials they occupy positions of trust to serve the people; social environmentalists who fight for the integrity of all life forms; & those who gave up their lives for justice so that we may have a better life now & in the future.
Rey Ty here. Hello! I welcome you to my "Political Engagement, Power, Social Movements, Human Rights, Social Justice, Sustainable Development, and Peace Education" Website. Please explore. There are countless links here for you to obtain useful information. Best wishes to you! Be happy, be healthy, & be peaceful! But remember to work for justice here & now! 鄭文 華 (Traditional) or 郑 文华 (Simplified)
Political Engagement, Direct Action, Power, Human Rights, Social Movements, Sustainable Development, Justice & Peace
Engagement politique, action directe, pouvoir, droits de l'homme, les mouvements sociaux, le développement durable, de la justice et éducation pour la paix
المشاركة السياسية والعمل المباشر، والسلطة، وحقوق الإنسان والحركات الاجتماعية والتنمية المستدامة، والعدل والتعليم السلام
Политическое участие, прямое действие, власть, права человека, социальные движения, устойчивого развития, юстиции и образования в интересах мира
La acción político, la acción directa, poder, Derechos Humanos, Movimientos Sociales, Desarrollo Sostenible Justicia, y Educación para la Paz
Мощность, общественные движения, права человека, социальная справедливость, устойчивое развитие и воспитание в духе мира
राजनीतिक सगाई, प्रत्यक्ष लड़ाई, ऊर्जा, मानव अधिकार, सामाजिक आंदोलनों, सतत विकास, न्याय और शांति शिक्षा
Pampulitikang pagkilos, Kapangyarihan, Kilusan, Karapatan, Katarungan, Pangmatagalang Pag-unlad, at Kapayapaan
Daya, Gerakan Sosial, Hak Asasi Manusia, Keadilan Sosial, Pembangunan Berkelanjutan & Perdamaian
Πολιτική εμπλοκή, Άμεση Δράση, Δύναμη, τα ανθρώπινα δικαιώματα, τα κοινωνικά κινήματα, την αειφόρο ανάπτυξη, δικαιοσύνη και εκπαίδευση για την ειρήνη
Engajamento político, Ação Direta, Poder, Direitos Humanos, Movimentos Sociais, Desenvolvimento Sustentável, Justiça e Educação para a Paz
राजनीतिक सगाई, प्रत्यक्ष लड़ाई, ऊर्जा, मानव अधिकार, सामाजिक आंदोलनों, सतत विकास, न्याय और शांति शिक्षा